Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve VIVIDS project!!!

My New Years VIVIVDS project!!! 




This year has been so full. I get so caught up in the day to day hair I've forgotten to come here and blog. I must be better. I have so much to tell you about.

Since my last blog about going to Rebecca Taylor's VIVIVDS class. I've done quite a few fun colors. Most have been panels or several streaks throughout the hair. Even one I did mostly 
Magenta and violets. It was beautiful.  All have been so fun. 

Today I had the opportunity to have free reign on one of my lovely clients. I was so excited but wanted to challenge myself with something differnt, really using colors I usually done use. 

I always go for purples and pinks.

I had looked at many hair pics for inspiration  and couldn't figure out what I wanted to do so I chatted with a couple of my stylist friends this morning Heidi Grether and Ruby Devine. (Look them up on Instagram)  Ruby mentioned finding an inspiration photo... She was right... As soon as I saw it I knew.... My brothers photo of the Alaskan sunset. 


Once I had this is my mind and knew these colors would work together.. Afterall they do it nature. Next I decided to start custom mixing my pravana VIVIVDS colors. I used white bowls so I could see how they'd look.  I grabbed tubes of color that I've never touched. Orange, yellow, green... Oh so many!  A dab of this a dab of that... Finally I felt I had it right. I even added a bowl of deep violet blue. 


To begin! I have been lightening the top. It still had a bit of warmth that I didn't want for this color to work.
I mixed pravana Vivids clear with a dab of violet and silver to tone the warmth away. 


I created a roadmap of sorts I'm my head for how I needed to place these colors. Of couse I took a few side roads along the way. I began filling up her blonde hairs with lovely colors melting one into the next. I even used a little pop of yellows ( ruby suggested that)  Using EmBee meche to seperate. Www.embeemeche.com


I let her processed  for 20 mins and reminded her of the cold water needed to rinse... brrrr it was cold. Yes this is best for vivid colors to last. She was a champ! 

Next blowdry and style and gaze!!! We were both so thrilled!  Here's a few after pics . Enjoy! 





And again here's my Alaskan sunset inspired hair project... What fun I had! 


Find something that inspires you... It could be a sunset, living room ucolors, a flower... You can find it anywhere. It's right in front of your eyes. 

Happy coloring!!!  
Shannon 
http://instagram.com/shannonkeel



6 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Loved the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Shannon...Lee's very own Artistic Beautician!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And such an honor to have helped. This is stunning. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spence has to be so proud drew inspiration for this gorgeous color (and fabulous documentation) from his photography! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there have penalty of gorgeous hairstyle oh my God i love it so much very shine and different type of hair style.

    healthier nails | Iain Sallis

    ReplyDelete